Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Penny.

It's Tuesday night. The kids are all in bed. Damian and I are soaking in the quiet, each of us reading our book of choice. Suddenly there is a blood curdling scream from the boy's room. We vault off the couch and go running to save them from whatever horrible thing is happening at that moment. I flip on the light and Ethan says, "I swallowed money!" Apparently he had a penny in his bed. He said he could feel it in his throat so we made him drink lots of water. When things calmed down a bit we were explaining that nothing should go in your mouth except for food. To which he calmly replied, "Well, I was going to put it in my piggy bank, but I couldn't stop thinking about putting it in my mouth." So now we just wait for it to come back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment