Friday, January 15, 2010

2010 Ramblings.

I have a dream/desire/crazy whim that has been rattling around in my brain for awhile now. I shared it with Jesus this morning during a rare quiet moment. It's big. It would require money, time, and resources that I just don't have. So I asked Him, "Is this crazy? Is it too big? Am I out of my mind?" Do you know what He told me? "Never stop dreaming. It is through those dreams and desires that I will work." I don't know the full meaning of that statement. Maybe this dream will come to pass. Maybe it won't. Only He knows. What I know is that He is a big God and nothing is impossible with Him. What I know is that I want the desires of my heart to line up with His desire for my life. What I know is that I long for, yearn for, need to make a difference in this place.

As this year begins, I am stirred. I have a long list of things I want to accomplish this year. I am changing. If I had to choose a theme for myself this year it would be discipline. Not the punishment kind. Self-discipline. I want to improve in every area of my life. I want to follow through and do things with excellence. I want to become a better wife, a better mother, a better minister, a better friend. I want to inspire and be inspired. I want to go to bed each night knowing that I have put a smile on Father God's face. I'm sure I will stumble. I'm sure I will fail some days. I'm also sure I will press on, try again, and come out stronger.

1 comment:

  1. These are very sensitive thoughts Shawna. It's obvious God has been working on your heart through your introspective and fresh thoughts. May this year's journey be a ride to remember! Love you.

    ReplyDelete