New year's resolution: Let my creative self out to play more often. Write. Photograph. Sing. Be inspired. Here are a few things that have been inspiring me lately:
1. My children. They live in a world where magic is unquestioned, dreams are limitless, and everyday holds the possibility of a grand and glorious adventure!
2. Christmas. A twinkling, glittery, fire-lit, ribbon wrapped, shaken up snow globe of happiness.
3. Old things. Old things are fascinating. Peeling paint, yellowed pages, twisted metal, abandoned and decrepit buildings. What stories lie dormant within them?
4. My brother-in-law. He is an expert on the world of imaginings. He also has the enviable talent of taking the everyday mundane and writing about it in a way that captures you and makes you wish you were there.
5. The sky. Always constant, yet ever changing. Beautiful in all it's fluffy cloud, blue, sunniness. Stunning in it's velvety blackness punctuated by shimmering stars. Devastatingly lovely in the midst of a storm with angry slashes of lightning and water color clouds.
So please tell me, where do you find inspiration?