Friday, February 17, 2012

Theology 652

Yesterday we were driving home when Ethan suddenly declared that he saw "God's glory." The sun's rays were shining down from behind a large fluffy cloud. Then he said that we were going to drive right into God's glory! Caleb said, "Mom. God is healing someone right now!" Love it. I want to be warmed by God's rays of glory!

On the way to school a few days ago Ethan told me, "Mom. I asked Amelia if she loves Jesus and she said yes. That's when I decided she would be my girlfriend. Because you told me the Bible says we can't marry people who don't love Jesus!" Caleb replied, "I better ask my girlfriend, Emma if she loves Jesus. If she says no, I'm just going to have to break up with her."

Eliana's nightly prayer: "Jesus, help me not to cry. Protect my dreams, my heart and my body. Bless Daddy, Mommy, Ellie, Caleb, & Ethan. In Jesus name, Amen." Sometimes she also prays for all her baby dolls, her bed, the pictures on her walls, her puzzles...

"Mom. Joey (name has been changed to protect the innocent) is my enemy but I am going to give him the best Valentine card I can find. That way God can see me loving my enemy."

I love the daily questions and interpretations of Christianity and the Bible. I love that they love Jesus. I pray for wisdom to teach them how to live each day to the fullest, surrendered to Jesus, showing love, and unyielding in their faith. And I write it all down so I'll never forget the journey!

(For those of you wondering about the 652; my kids are 6, 5, and 2!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...this is soooo precious! I'm so glad you're keeping records of all this! It is such an unbelievable blessing that their hearts are turned toward Jesus like this! This warms God's heart, I'm sure of it. Kisses from Auntie Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb and Ethan's quotes in the first paragraph... so prophetic!!!!!! You are going to "drive" right into God's glory!!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete