Thursday, December 3, 2009

More Milestones and Making Merry

My babies are growing up! Each time they learn something new, they need me less. Part of me rejoices at their new independence, part of me aches for what was. This week Eliana has learned to hold her own bottle. She is quite excited to be feeding herself! She has also been getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. It won't be too long before the baby gates will be put to work once again. She is my last baby and I cherish every smile she gives me, every sweet little noise she makes, and every moment that we cuddle. Watching my babies grow is bittersweet.


Christmas season is in full swing here in North Pole, Alaska! Our tree is up, Christmas lights greet us as we drive up the driveway, Christmas carols fill the air, and the gingerbread house we made fills our bellies! The snow here is glittery, and it clings to the trees making them look like crystal statues. It's like living inside of a snow globe. This weekend we went to a holiday bazaar at a local park. If you have never experienced riding an amusement park train that is covered in Christmas lights in -10 degrees...you should! Cookies and cocoa warmed us after the ride and then we enjoyed some holiday fireworks. Over the next few weeks we will be visiting a gingerbread house competition, attending several holiday parties, and playing on a playground made entirely of ice!

This is my favorite time of year. I am full of joy and peace. I love watching my children's faces alight with the wonder of this season. I wait in impatient anticipation to be surrounded by the noise and sweetness of family. Merry Christmas!!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Tis the Season
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment