Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Calling

Caleb is a warrior. He is headstrong, he is overflowing with faith, he pours his entire heart and being into everything he does. Now, he has a heading. God has directed his path. The following is an excerpt from his personal journal (I typed it exactly how he wrote it):

"4/30/14
Tonight at 5:12, I had an important vision. So, I just walked up to a baby, and a roman army. The baby asked why I came here. I told the baby and the army I was here to tell them about God. So I told them. The baby and the army asked "Can I have Jesus in my heart?" A diamond appeared in my hand. A flash of light appeared among us. Then I got the verse phil 2:13 (NLT) For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him."

After Caleb told us the vision he said he thought he knew what it meant but he wanted to see what we thought. I immediately knew how to interpret it. I began speaking before I even realized what words were flowing from my mouth. I told him that the Lord was preparing Him to preach. That he was going to lead many to Jesus. Damian added that he believed the baby and the army represented that Caleb would preach to all ages. After we shared our thoughts with him he agreed that he also believed that is what it meant. He also believes that the diamond represents God's presence and that the flash of light was when everyone accepted Christ.

He has talked about the vision everyday since. He shared his calling with his Royal Ranger troop. He gave a speech about it in his (public school) classroom. He has begun digging into his Bible more. His heart is set. His mind is steadfast. He is excited about his future harvest.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful testimony, Caleb! I am so happy that you are experiencing the wonders of knowing God at your age! I have no doubt this was a vision from the Lord, and that he will continue to direct your path so you can do great things for His kingdom! We are so proud of you! Love you lots! - Auntie Ash

    ReplyDelete