Saturday, May 26, 2012

Super Saturday #2




A Very Merry Unbirthday To You! All three children woke up to a balloon tied to their bed with this message on it. Since my children have never seen Alice In Wonderland, we started the day by watching it. The animated Disney version, not the creepy Johnny Depp one! Of course we baked our "unbirthday" cake and ate it! The boys and I played an indoor game of croquet while Eliana cheered us on. Other games included: "Find the Queen of Hearts!" and "I'm Late, I'm Late!" We also had several Alice activity sheets and we created our very own Mad Hatter Hats! The messages, "Eat Me" or "Drink Me" were found on various food and drink items. We had such a nonsense-filled day!

2 comments:

  1. "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
    I love it, everyone needs a little bit of nonsense now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea! Adele and Alayah had an Alice in Wonderland birthday party a few years ago. It was a blast! We decorated with long strands of cards, we played 'Pin the Tail on the Cheshire Cat', made our own 'Mad Hatter" hats, played a cd of Alice in Wonderland music, and I made individualized cakes in the shapes of teapots! Reading your blog reminded me of what fun that was!

    ReplyDelete